We are looking for a 3D character artist to work with our team in order to help define the look and feel of our characters. We want to bridge the gap between realism and stylization, and refine an approach that feels believable and intentional.
- Develop and create characters based on concepts and references
- Consider the whole character beyond the 2D concept and moodboards, keeping in mind narrative, performance, and believability
- Iterate, take feedback, and be willing to experiment
Requirements & Qualifications
- Knowledge of major 3D software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, etc.
- Knowledge of texturing software such as Substance, etc.
- Experience with skinning, rigging, and in-engine implementation
- Excellent understanding of human anatomy and form
- Self-driven, flexible mindset and strong communication skills
- Experience with Marvelous Designer and an interest in garment construction.
- Experience with 3D game engines such as Unreal
- Character concepting skills
- Affinity for the science fiction genre
Additional Job Details
- All-remote role, with optional on-sites in Los Angeles, CA
- We are interested in full-time, part-time and freelance contracts
- Competitive compensation, insurance and time off for salaried roles
Please send your contact information, CV/resumé, portfolio, and released games, as well as your availability and FT/PT preferences to [email protected] for the team to review with "INTERAL TEAM: Character Artist" in the subject line. While we hope to respond to everyone who applies, we cannot guarantee a response.